Wednesday, March 6, 2013

First Conversations

Here you can find useful phrases which help you with everyday situations. Use them instead of speaking your mother tongue in the class.

  • Meeting someone for the first time:
Hello! How are you?
  • Fine/Good
  • Not good/bad
  • So so
What is your name?
How old are you? - I am ….. years old.
Where are you from/Where do you live?
What is your hobby?
What is your favorite film/book/music band?
Nice to meet you!

  • Talking to a stranger on the street:
Excuse me! What time is it?
Excuse me! Where is the bus stop/railway station/hospital?
Excuse me! Do you speak English?

  • At school:
I’m sorry, I don’t have homework.
I’m sorry I’m late.
Can I borrow your pen?/Can you lend me your pen?
How do you say in English…. ?
I don’t know how to say it in English….
What does ……. mean?
I don’t understand. Can you repeat, please? Can you explain, please? Can you say it again, please?
I have a question….
Can you spell it, please?
Do you understand? Is it clear? – Yes/No/More or less

No comments:

Post a Comment